I am honored to have been nominated for two 2023 Best of the Capitol Awards from the Arizona Capitol Times. I appreciate the readership for the nominations:
- Best Elected Democrat
- Best Bill Sponsor
The American College of Emergency Physicians also just announced that I am the recipient of a national honor, the Pamela P. Bensen Trailblazer Award. Dr. Bensen was the first female Emergency Medicine resident among other pioneering achievements, and the award is given to a physician for seminal contributions over time to our specialty. I appreciate the recognition profoundly.
The Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association also presented me with an award for Outstanding Service to Community Health at their annual meeting. I am deeply grateful for the honor.
I am honored to win several major awards for my efforts at the State Capitol:
- 2022 Women’s Health Champion / Legislator of the Year from the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology for supporting reproductive rights
- 2022 and 2020 Humane Legislator of the Year from the Humane Society of the US
- 2022 Distinguished Community Service Award from the Arizona Medical Association
- 2022 Nursing Hero Award from the Arizona Nurses Association
- 2022 President's Award for Mental Health Advocacy the Arizona Psychiatric Society
- 2022 Health Care Hero Finalist from the Phoenix Business Journal
- 2020 and 2021 Best Political Rising Star Award from the Arizona Capitol Times
- 2022 Local Hero Award from OneCommunity for service to the LGBT community
- 2019-2022 Trailblazer Award from AZBio for supporting the Arizona Biological Sciences and Technology Sector
- 2022 Legislator of the Year - Arizona College of Emergency Physicians
I would like to thank each of these organizations for their trust and support.